Sunday, September 12, 2010

Poshing a Tank

I snagged this little brown tank at a consignment sale for .50cents or something.... (maybe .25) thinking I'd use my new fancy sewing machine to embroider on it. Um, didn't happen.

Anyway- I also got this pair of killer cute pink cord shorts and it's the perfect weather for AC to wear them... still hot, but more "fallish" weather. Yesterday I put her in the pink shorts and brown shirt and just felt like it was a boring outfit, so today I got fancy during nap time and made her a brooch to wear :)

Just followed a little tutorial I saw online to make the rosettes... (cut thin strips of fabric, knotted one end and then just wrapped around in a circle) and put them together with little fabric leaves. All attached on a stiff felt backing - BOOM instant cuteness in about 20min!

Check it out! All made with scraps... didn't cost me a dime (except for the shirt that is).



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a girl! That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete